Conflict is inevitable and should not be avoided BUT people can change the way they respond to conflict. The goal of successful Conflict Management is not its elimination, but to reduce its harmful effect and to maximize its useful ones!
Which one are you?
- Shark – COMPETING – “My Way or the Highway!”
- Owl – COLLABORATING – “Two Heads are Better than One!”
- Turtle – AVOIDING – “I’ll think about that Tomorrow!”
- Teddy Bear – ACCOMMODATING -“It Would be My Pleasure!”
- Fox – COMPROMISING – “Let’s Make a Deal!”
Source: Mark Freeman